Applications are due January 17th, 2014.
Volunteers help make many of the programs and services offered by the UC Davis Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual Resource Center possible. Volunteers assist with various projects including updating resources, compiling program evaluations, advertising events, and supporting existing programs.
If you are interested in volunteering informally on an as-needed basis, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in volunteering regularly, please read on to learn more about our Volunteer Office Assistant program.
Below is a list of some sample tasks that Volunteers can do and choose what types of tasks they are interested in and comfortable with (so if tabling or answering phones isn’t quite your thing, don’t worry).
- Updating mailing lists
- Creating a welcoming space at the center by greeting visitors as they come in
- Giving tours of the center to newcomers
- Tabling at events
- Data entry/inputting evaluations into database
- Checking out items in our online library system
- Organizing library/shelving books
- Updating events bulletin boards
- Updating resource binders
- Answering phones
- And more!
- Are interested in supporting the UC Davis LGBTIQA community and making a positive difference.
- Like to have fun.
- Enjoy helping others.