Volunteers help make many of the programs and services offered by the UC Davis Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center possible. Volunteers assist with various projects including updating resources, compiling program evaluations, advertising events, and supporting existing programs such as TransAction Week and Safe Zone.
If you are interested in volunteering informally on an as-needed basis, please contact our Office Coordinator, Alfredo Del Cid at email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering regularly, please read on to learn more about our Volunteer Office Assistant program.
Volunteer Office Assistants
Office Assistants have regular office hours and commit to working at the center for at least two hours a week. Transcript notation and 199 research units are also available. Please note that in order to receive transcript notation, you must volunteer for a minimum of four hours per week.
Below is a list of some sample tasks that Volunteer Office Assistants can help with. Volunteers can choose what types of tasks they are interested in and comfortable with (so if tabling or answering phones isn’t quite your thing, don’t worry).
Sample Tasks for Office Assistants:
- Updating mailing lists
- Creating a welcoming space at the center by greeting visitors as they come in
- Giving tours of the center to newcomers
- Tabling at events
- Data entry/inputting evaluations into database
- Checking out items in our online library system
- Organizing library/shelving books
- Updating events bulletin boards
- Updating resource binders
- Answering phones
- And more!
- Are interested in supporting the UC Davis LGBTIQA community and making a positive difference.
- Like to have fun.
- Enjoy helping others.
Applications for the Winter 2013 quarter can be found by clicking on the following link: http://tinyurl.com/lgbtrcvolunteer